Meet our Electrolysis Staff

In this blog post, we are interviewing one of our electrologists, Yocheved Turner. She is a very kind, genuine and talented member of our team. Read on to learn more about her experience and what electrolysis means to her.

How did you decide to get into electrolysis work?
I decided to get into electrolysis when I was living in Baltimore. I was in community college unsure of what career path I wanted to choose. At the time I was looking for an electrologist in my area and could not find one. I saw an opening in the market and decided this would be something I’d really enjoy doing.

What kind of training did you have and where?
I went to Berkowits School of Electrolysis in Forest Hills in Queens, NY. I did 600 hours of school as required by the state of Maryland, as opposed to the 120 hours required by New York State. I have also received advanced training the Dectro Academy, in Quebec City QC. Dectro is the leader in electrolysis hair removal technology.

How long have you been an electrologist?
I have been an electrologist for three years.

What are some of your favorite aspects of your job?
My favorite aspect of the job is definitely the clients! I really get to know each of them over the course of treating them. It is completely life changing and extremely gratifying. I also love the tedious nature of the job, you can work for a long time on one small area and when you step back you see all the progress you actually made. Electrolysis is like an art form.

What are some of the challenging aspects of your job?
Just like my clients, I get frustrated when I’m not seeing the progress I expect. I have to remind myself that every client is different with different growth patterns, different hormones and even if the progress is not visible, the treatment is still working. Electrolysis takes an average of 18 months to complete, I have to remember some people get faster results and others have to take some extra time.

What are some common misconceptions people have about electrolysis?
A common misconception I have found people have is that electrolysis is an out-of-date method that is inferior to laser hair removal. This is not true at all. Also many people think electrolysis is very painful. With the technology that we use, electrolysis is very manageable.

What qualities do you recommend people look for in an electrologist?
One of the most important qualities to look for in an electrologist is cleanliness. Make sure they use disposable probes and a proper method for sterilizing their tools like an autoclave. The office should be clean and sterile. I also recommend speaking to the electrologist you are looking into to discuss what you are planning to work on and what your expectations are. This will be an ongoing relationship and it is important you feel comfortable with the technician. An electrologist should be friendly, approachable, knowledgeable, and dexterous.

What is the environment like at Limoges Beauty and how is it different from other electrolysis practices?
The environment of Limoges beauty is professional and clean, laid back and warm. It is different from any other place I have worked or electrolysis office I’ve been to. It has the perfect balance of spa like tranquility, medical office professionalism and NYC chicness. It is a place you enjoy coming back to knowing that you are in kind and capable hands to get your hair permanently removed. We built amazing relationships with our clients, and they are excited to see us. It is a nice feeling to work at such a welcoming office.

What makes clients choose electrolysis over other hair removal treatments?
Electrolysis is the only FDA approved method of permanent hair removal. Many of my clients come to me after trying different methods of hair removal. They invested time and money in laser only to have the laser stimulate more hair growth. While electrolysis is longer time commitment, there is no risk of hair stimulation or skin damage. With electrolysis you can also get the blonde, white and very fine dark hairs that laser does not.

How has electrolysis been life changing for you or your clients?
Electrolysis is life changing. I have clients of all genders and age with varying degrees of hirsutism. The self-esteem boost that comes with successful permanent hair removal is priceless.
To speak with Yocheved or book an appointment with her, please contact us today. We hope to learn more about your goals, questions and concerns. We look forward to embarking on this life-changing journey with you.

https://squareup.com/appointments/book/32a3b558-9124-4f66-998c-6cae794eec50/EY5BD0CQH85M0/services

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get To Know Our Electrologist Dominique

6 Expert Insights on Facial Peels

Top 7 Appealing Advantages Of Chemical Peel You Might Not Know